The Ultimate Benefits of Creativity!
What is Creativity?
Creativity is defined as "The ability to use your imagination to generate novel and original ideas to be used to create something or solve a problem."
Creativity is a way of thinking and doing. It is characterised by the ability to perceive the world in new ways, find hidden patterns, to make connections between seemingly unrelated things, and to generate solutions.
As 90% of children's brain development occurs in the first 5 years of life we need to do everything we can now to nurture creative mindsets to help children to succeed in school, life & beyond!
How will creativity help my child?
1. Creativity promotes problem solving - Overcoming challenges is a part of life's journey. Creativity helps your child to think, make connections and work things out for themselves.
2. Reduction in stress and anxiety - Being creative is meditative. Taking time to use our hands, minds, and energy doing something we enjoy and that makes us happy is of the highest importance in life.
3. Freedom - There is no right or wrong way to be creative. When we create, it gives us the opportunity to engage with the world around us to investigate new ideas.
4. Resilience - Making things isn't easy. Creativity requires courage, confidence, and the willingness to fail and try again.
5. Self-awareness and Expression - Creativity is the route to authenticity. As we create we begin to access thoughts and feelings. When we take the time to develop our own ideas, we learn to understand and trust and respect our inner selves, enabling children to better express themselves.
6. Faith and confidence in our instincts - When we create, we start to value our work. We can learn to trust our instincts and gain confidence from expressing them. This confidence carries over into decisions we make in other areas of our lives.
7. Creativity leads to innovation - Every advancement known to mankind started with a new idea, and new ideas are inspired by imagination and creativity.
8. Improves ability to focus - The ability to create requires dedication. patience and commitment, not only to each individual project but to the craft itself.
9. Creativity encourages life long learning - Creativity requires humbleness to know there is always room for improvement and a commitment to challenge your ideas and ability until new growth occurs.